21. April 2013

First dish of the season to worship the sun

Hello there,

by searching for a nice summer meal, I found this really cool recipe: http://fraise-basilic.com/pates-aux-gambas/

Sadly, it's in French, but with the help of some vocabulary I remembered from school I cooked this delicious feast.

Ingredients: (for 2 portions)

200g Pasta ( I choosed spaghetti)
100g cherry tomatoes
250g organic Shrimp (I took frozen ones)
two handful of arugula
a few drops of balsamic vinegar
1 tsp. powdered sugar
some lemon juice
grated parmesan
a few fresh basil leaves


 Preparation:

First, boil some water with enough salt for the pasta. While waiting for the water to boil, prepare the tomatoes. I don't like to eat whole cherry tomatoes when they are hot, so I cut them in half.
Sort out brown leaves and wash the arugula and the basil and set aside.

Heat some oil in a large pan and fry the shrimp for 2 minutes on eat side. Set aside. Now the water may boil so add the pasta.
Wipe out the oil and put the tomatoes in the pan.
(You can wait for a few moments before you start to prepare the tomatoes, so the pasta is done when the tomatoes are ready. If you are not routinely cooking you will lern how long it takes for pasta and other ingredients to be ready).
Add one teespoon of powdered sugar and the vinegar as much as you like. I prefered to use 1-2 tsp. Heat them until they get a bit soft and the skin begins to peal off a little.
Add the pasta, the arugula, the basil and put the shrimp on top. Spinkle with lemon juice. Inprove it with as much parmesan as you like. Add some freshly ground pepper.
Enjoy!

I love salt, so I had to add some, when I had the dish on my plate. It's a true summer dish, which makes you enjoy the sunny days a bit more.

Hope you like this recipe. Please leave a comment, if you tried it, too and let me know your thoughts

Anne











1 Kommentar:

  1. It looks really good (besides the shrimps
    - but i just don't like shrimps/fish at all ^^)

    By the way: Thank you for your comment on my blog ♥.

    Best wishes
    Kat
    www.heartandsoulforfashion.com

    AntwortenLöschen

I ♥ comments

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...