today I want to show you an cooking experiment me and my friend Vanessa did a few days ago.
I was fascinated by this recipe and I never did something with yuba sheets (or bean curd how it's also called) so we decided to try it out. OK, let's say we took those photos as an idea because our result didn't turn out like the photo we saw. It wasn't even close. :D But luckily it was also very delicous and yummy an I would totally make it again...every recipie needs a second chance to turn out how you expect it to be :)
some oil (we used simply sunflower oil)
3 carrots, cut into little sticks
500g mushrooms, sliced
This is how we did it:
1. Wash and cut the carrots, mushrooms and beans. Heat some oil and fry the carrots and mushrooms for about 7 minutes. Set aside.
2. Heat some oil and fry the beans for a couple of minutes.
3. Prepare the soy sauce mixture by mixing the soy sauce, honey/sirup and the water.
4. Wash one bean curd sheet in cold water by fill in the sink with cold water. Place it on a kitchen towel afterwards and dry it a little with a paper towel. Then brush it with the soy sauce mixture.
5. Now comes the tricky part! Place one row of the beans in the lower part of the bean sheet. Put one row of the carrot mushroom mixture above the green bean line and roll the whole think up like a burrito. Set aside.
6. Take another of the sheets and wash and dry it like explained before. Also don't forget the soy sauce! Do the same things with the beans and the carrot mushroom mix like before and place the first burrito you made on top of the carrot mushroom line. The first burrito should be in the center of the sheet. Roll the whole thing up again the get a double burrito.
5. Repeat this process another time. (We repeated it two times...so it became a monster :D)
6. Seal the last layer with a paste of 1 Tbs. flour and 1 Tbs. water. The paste should be very sticky. Seal it well so the burrito will not fall apart in the pan.
7. Heat some oil in a pan where your huge burrito will fit in. Place the roll seal down into the pan. Fry it for about 10 minutes until both sides are golden brown. Then add some water and cover the pan so the roll can steam for another 7 minutes.
|Isn't it huge?|
8. Cut into slices and serve it with the soy sauce mixture. Enjoy!